Thursday, December 31, 2009

Year-End Wrap-Up

Ok, here's a list of my top five things of 2009. Sort of like Oprah's favorite things, except without the freebies or screaming suburban moms. I've decided to combine genres and years because I am a little sloooow in the book-buying department. Hey! They're expensive! But, this represents the best from my year at least :) Onto the next decade!

best show: Mad Men
Thank you, Matt Weiner for giving the world Don Draper.

best book: The Road/ The Collected Stories of Amy Hempel
As mentioned above, neither of these books were published in 2009 but they were the best books I read this year, which is ultimately more important.

best line: "Drunk rollerblading is danger, 90s style."
I write down things people say. I like this one the best.

best song: Blood Bank by Bon Iver
If you've never heard this song, you need to download it right now.

best place to blow my stipend: modcloth.com.
If I'm wearing something that you think is cute, it's probably from here.

No comments: