Sunday, March 25, 2007

'Cause baby I've been around the world...

So, my dear cousin has been traveling through South America since January--mostly in Buenos Aires. Originally we talked about me visiting her there but she's leaving for Colombia on Monday. That's right, Colombia. Which, according to Lonely Planet, is famous for Gabriel Garcia Marquez, emeralds, coffee, somethingelseican'tremember, and lastly...cocaine. Nothing against the Nobel Prize-winning author, but I thought that list was quite optomistic. Plus, Shakira wasn't even on there.

Anyways, needless to say I am now trying to go to Colombia. Hopefully during the first two weeks in May. I've scheduled an appointment at UConn's travel clinic to get info about innoculations. The appointment alone is $140. So I might cancel it and just get a yellow fever shot. Here is a list of things we might do in Colombia:

-Go to the beach
-Eat lots of cool fruit
-Travel to the coffee region
-Not get kidnapped by rebels
-Parasailing!

No comments: