Sunday, April 1, 2007

Just hear this and then I'll go

"You're never going to meet anyone in a bar"-I've heard this from pretty much everyone (friends, co-workers, parents) over the last few months. After last night I have concluded they are correct. At 22 I've given up on the bar scene.

That's not to say I won't go out, I just won't care about meeting drunk people. Because that's all it is really. And no, this isn't some diatribe at Hartford's bar scene. London was the same way...sometimes even scarier. I dunno. I always knew I wasn't cut out for this.

How come cute guys never hang out in art museums like I want them to? I did that ALL the time in London, but then I realized guys only go there unless their girlfriends make them. Funny.

Katie told me I should hang out at Starbucks. She met a guy there once...maybe she's right. Or maybe I should just move. Far, far away, like that psychic said...

1 comment:

Eli said...

My last girlfriend I met because she was a barista at my favorite local coffee shop, I think if you sit around with a book long enough someone will talk to you, kind of a crap shoot and it takes patience but by going to the same place frequently you become more approachable. Unfortunately, most coffee shops don't have the great community vibe I crave...